Training Manager / Academy Manager
In liaison with the HR Department, the Academy Manager needs to be able to lead strategically to drive business functions and assist in developing strategies for the future of the Academy. Provide overall operational management for the Academy, staff management, financial operations, marketing, administration, and all other operational functions. Develop and improve Academy’s policies to ensure a productive and safe working environment. The role of Academy Manager will be a part of the Managem
In liaison with the HR Department, the Academy Manager needs to be able to lead strategically to drive business functions and assist in developing strategies for the future of the Academy. Provide overall operational management for the Academy, staff management, financial operations, marketing, administration, and all other operational functions. Develop and improve Academy’s policies to ensure a productive and safe working environment. The role of the Academy Manager will be a part of the Management and Leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the establishment and implementation of Academy policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Ensure that the new operational plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans for the Academy are consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the Academy.
- Prepare & develop the academy business plans that are in line with the company strategies and objectives.
- Identify, plan and manage budgets in line with the Academy Improvement Plan.
- Plan, organize, and control all activities in the Academy and coordinate with the HR team, to provide the best possible service to clients.
- Develop appropriate systems to manage accurate income and records and expenses monthly financial reports for the management
- Prepare a market study & marketing plan for the academy.
- Coordinate & communicate with local & external clients to facilitate, and provide the academy services.
- Develop, liaise and negotiate marketing and administration to promote and stimulate new business growth in accordance with the Academy improvement plan.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the Academy.
- Manage the effectiveness and efficiency of Academy staff
- Design, develop and deliver operational training programs internally & externally.
- Have the ability to make decisions regarding training programs based on knowledge, experience, industry, and company standards.
- Manage logistics for the training center (academy purchasing, request purchase orders).
- Develop and continuously improve the Academy profile.
- Develop e-learning initiatives as an integrated part of the Academy curriculum.
- Liaise with other Group branches in the development of common group programs and sharing of best training practices.
- Ensure the provision of a professional training Academy.
- Consult with different divisions within the organization to customize learning objectives.
- Create training annual plans.
- Ensure all Academy programs are based on defined business needs and customers and employees.
- Lead and supervise the activity associated with the training team.
- Ensure trainee driver training compliance with the international standard requirement.
- Ensure effective evaluation and assessment processes for both short-term and long-term feedback on training programs.
- Provide quality training reports
- Deal with accreditation and certification issues for training courses.
- Coordinate in-house course development (for e-learning).
- Maintain operational capacity of training facilities.
- Handle building and maintaining the reputation of the Academy.
- Monitor and influence the design and delivery of all training programs within the employees and the customer.
- Approve scheduling of courses.
- Carry out discipline actions for the Academy team as required.
- Ensure an effective environment for learning.
- Any duties or responsibilities assigned by the management
Reporting to the Group HR and Admin Manager.
Education & Experience:
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any related field, or Business Management or MBA Master is preferable.
- Previous job experience in management and training program/activities planning and organization.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in the field of Human Resources/ Training Management or Training Centres.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Training and development background
- Ability to communicate effectively in English & Arabic orally and in writing.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills in communication, leadership, decision-making, and innovation.
- Knowledge of the principles and problems involved in planning, managing employees and resources, and finances.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret complex data.
- Ability to plan, direct and manage the preparation of the designs, estimates, and specifications.
- Ability to exhibit good customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate with strong interpersonal skills such as tact, active listening, respect, and calmness.
- Ability to act as a visionary leader, build consensus, empower employees, be flexible, manage conflict and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple programs, projects, and tasks.
- Openness to learning and demonstrating ability and readiness to accommodate requirements by all levels within the Company.
- Familiarity with system integration, monthly reporting cycles, and process design
- Proven, expert-level ability to work with Excel and PowerPoint
- Expert ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret data
- Ability and prior experience working alone and as part of a cross-functional team to deliver analysis and conclusions to the Group CFO and corporate management.
- Attention to details and deadline & ability to multitask, prioritize and analyze data in an efficient timely manner.
Managerial & Behavioral competency:
- Customer focus
- Creativity & Innovation.
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Business acumen